Dr. Gabija Grigaitė-Daugirdė
Dr. Gabija Grigaitė-Daugirdė is Deputy Minister of the Ministry of Justice of Lithuania and Lecturer at the Law Faculty of Vilnius University.
– Has joined Ministry of Justice of Lithuania before two years. Her responsibilities as deputy minister at the Ministry of Justice include application of international law and EU law in public policy domain and representation of state’s position in international legal forums.
– Started professional career working as the legal advisor in National Parliament of Lithuania , then for six years worked as the legal advisor to the President of the Republic of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė being responsible for law making processes being in compliance with national , international and EU law.
– Has PhD degree in international law from Vilnius university (Lithuania), focusing on the legality of use of force for humanitarian objectives in international law, also studied in Ghent university (Belgium) and ha s bachelor degree of economics from Vilnius university in the area of international finances.
– Has been lecturing international law related disciplines (international public law, international humanitarian law, international criminal law) in the Law faculty of Vilnius university and other academic institutions for more than 15 years, also coaching teams for different international moot court competitions.
– In 2019 has been admitted to Bar association of the Republic of Lithuania.