Just Security is Hiring – Postgraduate Fellow
Just Security Is Hiring – Postgraduate Fellow
Just Security is seeking a law or policy school (graduate-level) program graduate, 0-5 years out from graduation, with strong editing and writing skills to fill a full-time Postgraduate Fellowship role. The Fellow will help us in our mission of bringing cutting-edge thinking on security, civil liberties, human rights, and the rule of law to the national and international conversations. The Fellow may elect to work remotely or from our offices in New York City, or on a hybrid model. The position’s effective start date is flexible and will run for at least one year.
Since 2013, Just Security has served as a vital resource for policymakers, lawmakers, legal professionals, and journalists working on the most important challenges at the intersection of national security, human rights, civil liberties, democracy, and international legal matters. In recent years, we have seen the rise of new threats to democracy, civil liberties, human rights, and the rule of law. Just Security has grown into a unique digital media outlet providing analysis in a timely, engaging, and accessible format vital to informing civil society experts, government officials, the news media, and the general public.
The Fellow will work with the senior editors of Just Security in soliciting, editing, writing, and producing articles to ensure comprehensive and balanced coverage of events and developments. The Fellow will also contribute to the day-to-day management of Just Security
In compliance with NYC’s Pay Transparency Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $80,000-$90,000. New York University considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer. The position comes with a generous array of benefits, which include medical, dental and vision. Further information regarding benefits can be found here: http://www.nyu.edu/employees/benefit/full-time/Professional-Research-Staff-Code-103.html.
To apply, send a CV, brief cover letter, and list of three references by Friday, March 31, to Megan Corrarino (email@example.com) and Clara Apt (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible. Please include in the subject line: ”Just Security Postgraduate Fellow” and tell us where you found this ad.
- J.D. or master’s degree or higher in political science, government, journalism, or related field, as well as a demonstrated interest in the law and topics that Just Security covers.
- Recent graduate, generally 0-5 years after completing the graduate degree.
- Demonstrated interest in one or more areas of national security or foreign affairs law or policy, democracy and justice issues, U.S. constitutional law, or international law.
Working with a team of senior editors to:
- recruit and work with high-level guest authors
- edit articles written by guest contributors
- write short articles for publication
- track daily news for developments relevant to Just Security’s readership and work with other editorial team members to develop ideas for coverage
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity